Seram Coatings - Thermal Spray of Silicon Carbide (SiC) Made Possible
Seram Coatings´ product ThermaSiC enables SiC (Silicon Carbide) to be applied as a coating by thermal spraying for the first time. ThermaSiC provides superior coating performance in corrosive and abrasive environments as well as at high temperatures, and the coating can be applied by HVOF and APS processes. SiC is also EHS friendly and light weigth, making it an advantageous coating in diverse fields of application.
Applications where ThermaSiC already shines include aluminium production, glass manufacturing and handling of molten glass, and rollers for industrial printers.
ThermaSiC powder is used to produce coatings with
- Superior corrosion and abrasion protection
- Superior performance at high temperatures
- High hardness
- Low weight
- High deposition efficiency
- Very dense (<1% porosity)
- Low surface roughness (4-6µm Ra as sprayed)
- Can be grinded and polished to Ra <0.15
- Thin or thick coatings (<50µm to >5000µm)
Please contact email@example.com or visit us at booth 146 to discuss your challenges, and our solutions